Monday Mix // 27 - Bedside

10:22 AM



With the weather turning colder I'm all about being cozy and comfortable.  Pajama's - so much love for them.  My grandma used to get me a new pair at Christmas & I always loved them.  I recently picked up the pajama pants shown above.  They are the kind of pair that just about temps you to get 2 just incase something happens to them.  I'm in need of a new pair of slippers - these are so cute and look like they might just work for my narrow feet.  The rest of the items are all things that I keep bedside - except the space heater which is needed, but sits across the room.  I had to also add this Whippet puppy.  They are cozy and love to be close to you.  The perfect companion.  This little guy is available on Puppyfind.  So adorable!!!  

Buffalo Check Pajama Pants - love them.  I also think that these fitted tanks are the best.  I wear one almost every day - and sleep in them every night.  I also wear the pajama pants around the house, but have to sleep in sleep shorts.

Wool Dot Ballet Slippers - stylish and just might work.  I also found this slipper which may also fit my feet.  I like the gray and tan pair.

Hair Bands - I have to put my hair up before sleeping or it wakes me up all night so these are also a necessity.   Such a picky sleeper I am.

Cherry Lip Balm - I mentioned a new to me lip product I'm loving in my last Monday Mix.  This cherry lip balm is one I have been using for some time before bed.  100% Pure has so many good products.  This is just another that I repeat buy.  Lip products are another one of my favorite things :)

I think that I've mentioned the following lotions before, but I live in Michigan - it gets cold and dry.  My dermatologist recommended them and they work well.  I use Amlactin on my hands, and the CeraVe is for the body.

I like a large glass of water on my nightstand.  I use this Blender Bottle as my cup.  I love these cups - they are the perfect size for my water and my breakfast smoothies.  They also have a color of the month where you can find some really fun options.  I have June for myself and love it!  We have October too!  Good for the boys.  They make the best useful gifts.

I also keep a bowl on my nightstand to toss my watch, Fitbit, rings, etc. in for the night.  I sometimes keep extra hair bands in it as well.  I think these are two cute options - peach dot bowl and black and white mini dot bowl with gold rim.

Another thing that helps me get a better rest is using this diffuser with this lavender oil.  I often put lavender oil right on my wrists as well.  It really knocks me out.  I truly enjoy this diffuser.  At night you can choose no light, but its fun to use in other rooms during the day and evening.  I love the changing colors, but it can be set for just one color if you choose.

I also like to use a space heater in the Winter.  Our furnace is on the opposite end of the house so it gets really chilly upstairs.  I still keep the room cool - this just helps it from being arctic.  I thought this heater was adorable the way it looks like a fireplace.  This heater  also looks so good!  I actually have this one - not as pretty, but it has a remote which is helpful.

The other thing I always have is a book to read.  These are 3 that I have recently finished and enjoyed.

The Invoice - This is a quirky little book that I really enjoyed.  Very different, funny, and has a good message - one you have to think about. 

A heartfelt exploration of the cost of life and love—and the importance of the little things—from the author of the international bestseller, The Room

Hilarious, profound, and achingly true-to-life, Jonas Karlsson’s new novel explores the true nature of happiness through the eyes of hero you won’t soon forget. A passionate film buff, our hero’s life revolves around his part-time job at a video store, the company of a few precious friends, and a daily routine that more often than not concludes with pizza and movie in his treasured small space in Stockholm. When he receives an astronomical invoice from a random national bureaucratic agency, everything will tumble into madness as he calls the hotline night and day to find out why he is the recipient of the largest bill in the entire country. 

            What is the price of a cherished memory? How much would you pay for a beautiful summer day? How will our carefree idealist, who is content with so little and has no chance of paying it back, find a way out of this mess? All these questions pull you through The Invoice and prove once again that Jonas Karlsson is simply a master of entertaining, intelligent, and life-affirming work.

in a dark, dark wood - This book had drama and suspense.  It's being made in to a movie.  I enjoyed the characters, but I had it all figured out very, very early.  Even so it was the type of book you want to keep reading.  The reviews make it out to be so shocking - I keep wondering if that's really the case.  That confuses me. 

Ruth Ware's In a Dark, Dark Wood has all the hallmarks of a good psychological thriller-- a woman lured back to a past she's spent a decade trying to escape, a few unstable characters, and a shocking death. The impending marriage of Nora's best friend from that long ago time brings her to a glass-walled cabin deep in the woods, for a hen party (the U.K. equivalent of a bachelorette weekend). But why is she there when the two haven't spoken since Nora fled their college town ten years ago? As the party gets underway things start to take a dark turn that builds with each passing moment.  In a Dark, Dark Wood is a slow burn, each revelation and obfuscation luring the reader at an ever faster pace towards its ultimate life and death conclusion.--Seira Wilson

All The Light We Cannot See - this book is totally worth reading.  Pulitzer Prize winner - character seem so real, and you can picture all of the settings vividly.  This is a total winner. 

WINNER OF THE PULITZER PRIZE
From the highly acclaimed, multiple award-winning Anthony Doerr, the beautiful, stunningly ambitious instant New York Times bestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.

Marie-Laure lives with her father in Paris near the Museum of Natural History, where he works as the master of its thousands of locks. When she is six, Marie-Laure goes blind and her father builds a perfect miniature of their neighborhood so she can memorize it by touch and navigate her way home. When she is twelve, the Nazis occupy Paris and father and daughter flee to the walled citadel of Saint-Malo, where Marie-Laure’s reclusive great-uncle lives in a tall house by the sea. With them they carry what might be the museum’s most valuable and dangerous jewel.

In a mining town in Germany, the orphan Werner grows up with his younger sister, enchanted by a crude radio they find. Werner becomes an expert at building and fixing these crucial new instruments, a talent that wins him a place at a brutal academy for Hitler Youth, then a special assignment to track the resistance. More and more aware of the human cost of his intelligence, Werner travels through the heart of the war and, finally, into Saint-Malo, where his story and Marie-Laure’s converge.

What I've learned through this post - I'm a bit of a picky sleeper.  Lot's of little things I need in order to get comfortable - but then I'm good :)

  

SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe