Mother's Day Brunch & An ADORABLE Mother's Day Video & Recipe For French Eggs

8:13 AM



Hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day.  I put together a little brunch.
It was fun to get out all of my colorful dishes and things.


I assembled French Eggs the night before.  I knew I wanted to go to church.  I decided to make this dish not only because it's really good, but because it could be thrown in the oven while I was out.  Oh, and church was good.  See the video below - they played this.  They also sang an Ingrid Michaelson song - Be O.K.  She is my favorite.  I had my morning cup of  Great Lakes coffee while enjoying it all with my Mom.


I picked up the Dahlia's at Trader Joe's on Saturday and just left them in the papers they were wrapped in.  


I also made lemonade + bought sparkling Trader's lemonade.  Picked up the chevron corrugated paper cups at Home Goods a while back.  Seriously grab things in the colors you like when you see them.   There wasn't a single new piece of anything that I had to purchase.  Most of what is out I have had for years.  


Also, since I gave out The Forest Feast cookbook I made the Apricot Bites from the book.  Someone had already stolen quite a few before this pic was taken.  Josh is in the background getting our new coffee maker ready to go.  It's very helpful to have a teen that likes to make coffee :)


My Mom and I.

Oh, and here is the video for Mom's.  What a cute kid.  Love this!



Also, here is the recipe for French Eggs.


French Eggs

White sandwich bread - I use Pepperidge Farms Very Thin White
1 lb. grated sharp cheddar - I use about 3/4 of a pound
1 lb. cooked bacon
4 eggs
2 c. milk - I use 2%
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. dry mustard

Butter enough bread to line a 9x13 glass Pyrex dish.  I spray my pan with Pam first.
Butter only one side of the bread and place it buttered side down in your baking dish.
Spread cheddar over this bread layer.
(I usually don't use this much cheese - just use what looks good to you)
Spread cooked bacon over this layer.  I crumble the bacon up.
Butter enough bread to cover the top of your baking dish.
Place the bread in the dish buttered side up.
Mix together the eggs, milk, salt, and dry mustard.
Pour this milk mixture over all of your layers.

Refrigerate overnight.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe